Welcome to CodingMagic.com!Have you ever wanted to learn how to program? CodingMagic.com is primarily dedicated to computer programming projects. In order to facilitate demonstration of the projects in a safe and widely compatible method, Java applets are used on this website. Since the Java programming language has several similarities to C++ in terms of syntax, the methods used in the code on this site can be adopted in C++ without a great deal of effort. In fact, some of the projects on CodingMagic.com originated in C++ code using the Windows API. The author has plans to include Microsoft Windows based applications in the tutorials included on this site. It is important to keep Java updated on your computer as the projects on this site typically utilize the latest Java revisions. Java Version 6 Update 5 is the minimum revision recommended to display the applets properly.
A C++ Programming Tutorial is currently being developed at CodingMagic.com for those who would like to learn how to program in C++. Check it out!
maze java applet game called StarMaze. It was originally created in C++ using the Windows API and was later converted to Java. The project has an associated informational page on generating labyrinths that describes the maze creation method used in StarMaze. PHP code was created for this site that generates a new labyrinth for StarMaze every day.
3D rasterization java applet called StarScreen3D. Like StarMaze, the program originated in C++ using the Windows API and was later converted to Java. The program generates hundreds of orange cubes that bounce around inside a much larger purple cube volume. The initial locations, direction vectors, and speed of travel for each cube are random. The camera's view screen (i.e. the java applet window) is generated via rasterization using perspective viewing projection. The details including the math behind the program can be found on the informational page on 3D rasterization.
Mandelbrot fractal java applet called StarFractal. The program displays what is referred to as the Mandelbrot fractal, which at first may seem to be just a pretty picture. In fact, the Mandelbrot fractal is a unique mathematical representation of a set for which a particular complex quadratic polynomial remains bounded. The details can be found on the informational page on fractals.
3D Rubik's Cube java applet game called RubiksCube3D. The program allows users to play with a Rubik's Cube that is rasterized using an isometric transformation. Each of the faces of the cube can be rotated either clockwise or counter-clockwise. The rotations are shown in an animated manner. The Rubik's Cube can also be reset to the default solved state or randomized, which is also animated and very fun to watch!
- Added a tutorial, Windows XP Virtual Memory Tweak.
- Added a 3D Java applet Rubik's Cube game, RubiksCube3D.
- Modified SudokuMagic so that a single, unique solution will exist for each sudoku provided. The "Show Solution" button was also added.
- Added random daily sudoku generator functionality for SudokuMagic.
- Visual makeover completed for CodingMagic.com. Ensured full compatibility with Firefox and Internet Explorer.
- Added SudokuMagic, which helps you to play Sudoku by providing hints towards the solution. It's a sudoku solver helper.
- Added a page that allows you to send feedback to the author of CodingMagic.com.
- Added C++ Programming Tutorial Lesson 07: For Loops to the tutorials section.
- Added C++ Programming Tutorial Lesson 06: While Loops to the tutorials section.
- Added C++ Programming Tutorial Lesson 05: Relational and Equality Operators to the tutorials section.
- Added C++ Programming Tutorial Lesson 04: Switch Statements to the tutorials section.
- Added C++ Programming Tutorial Lesson 03: Else If Statements to the tutorials section.
- Added C++ Programming Tutorial Lesson 02: If and Else Statements to the tutorials section.
- Added C++ Programming Tutorial: Table of Contents to the tutorials section.
- Added C++ Programming Tutorial Lesson 01: Hello World! to the tutorials section.
- Added official CodingMagic.com shortcut icon.
- Added YouTube video of StarMaze.
- Added sample pictures to the history description of CodingMagic.com.
- Added navigational bar on left to CodingMagic.com.
- Upgraded StarFractal to v1.1! Version 1.1 stores previous fractal view and allows user to return to it and continue the fractal calculation. It also uses a bicubic resize algorithm to show a preview of the area into which the user selects to zoom prior to beginning the fractal calculations.
- Updated StarFractal to include status bar feedback in terms of the iteration number of the fractal generation.
- Added information on the welcome page regarding CodingMagic.com.
- Added a tutorial page on Windows XP Administrative Shares describing the hidden administrative shares in Windows XP.
- Added information regarding exponential color smoothing to the about StarFractal page.
- Significantly decreased loading time of StarMaze.
- Added zoom out function for StarFractal.
- Fixed META tags on CodingMagic to ensure browsers keep pages updated.
- Completed the informational page about StarScreen3D and its rasterization technique.
- Fixed a bug in the menu when using versions of Internet Explorer prior to 7.
- Added a page showing details about StarScreen3D and its rasterization technique - to be completed.
- Added movement controls for StarScreen3D.
- Fixed counting script to avoid collisions.
43891 visitors and counting